Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The life of Pi(e)


First of all...on my...I've been such a delinquent...but...I'm back!

When blueberries are at their best...what do you do...make PIE! I have a huckleberry cream recipe that my mother would make that is a refreshing summer pie.  She would sometimes substitute blueberries for huckleberries.  Why not?!

As seen below, someone else in the family found a plate left on the counter in the middle of the night and the rest is history......Luckily, I did find the remainder of the plate, as I was quite worried that it had been a part of the  midnight raid as well. Phew! ...you know those labs...they seem to be part goat and will eat anything!!!  (Oh and btw when I heard the "crash" sound in the middle of the night the hubster said "It's just the house settling." (His standard answer.)  Ha! It was Daisy having a  late night snack in her bed. ;)
Huckleberry Cream Pie
     1 baked crust  (graham cracker crust would be good too!)
25 lg. marshmallows
1/4 c. milk
2 c. huckleberries, fresh berries are preferred but thawed & drained berries may be used
1/2 pt. whipping cream, whipped
Melt marshmallows in the milk. While this mixture is cooling, whip the cream. Blend cream and marshmallow mixture. Fold in huckleberries. Pour into crust and refrigerate until firm.
I should have made a pretty design with blueberries and put a sprig of mint on top...next time!
XO,
J~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment